Moonbeam (GLMR) Price Today, IDO Price, Vesting, Supply Details

What is Moonbeam

Moonbeam is a new smart contract platform that is built on the Polkadot ecosystem. It aims to provide developers with the flexibility to either port their existing Ethereum-based decentralized applications (DApps) or to create new DApps using the familiar development tools and technologies used for Ethereum.

Moonbeam (GLMR) coin info

The Moonbeam network was launched with a total supply of one billion Glimmer tokens. The distribution of these tokens occurred after the full launch of the network.

Total and Max Supply: 1 Billion
Network Launch: 11th January 2022
IDO Price: 0.25 USD (Polkadot Network)

Vesting Scedules
  • Seed Funding (140M) : The seed funding for the Moonbeam project was completed in September 2020. The distribution of these tokens is subject to a 24-month vesting schedule starting from the network launch, which is on the 11th of January 2022. This vesting schedule includes a 3-month lock and tokens are distributed evenly over the remaining 21 months.
  • Strategic Funding (120M) : The strategic funding for the Moonbeam project was completed in March 2021. The distribution of these tokens is subject to a 12-month vesting schedule starting from the network launch which is on the 11th of January 2022, this vesting schedule includes a 2-month lock and tokens are distributed evenly over the remaining 10 months.
  • “Take Flight” Community Event (98,211,164) : The Take Flight funding for the Moonbeam project was completed in September 2021. The distribution of these tokens is subject to a 40-day lock with no vesting schedule. The tokens were launched after the network launch and the distribution has already been completed.
  • 2021 Moonbeam Crowdloan (150M) : 15% of the total token supply for the Moonbeam network is allocated to reward the contributors of the 2021 Moonbeam crowdloan. 30% of these tokens were distributed at the time of the network launch, when transfer and EVM functionality were enabled. The remaining 70% of the tokens will vest linearly on a block-by-block basis over a period of 96 weeks (or about 1 year and 11 months).
  • Key Partners & Advisors (39,468,300) : A portion of the token supply is reserved for strategic partners and advisors. Advisors will have a 24-month vesting schedule starting from network launch, with a 7-month lock and tokens will be distributed evenly over the remaining 17 months. Strategic partners will have a 12-month vesting schedule starting from network launch, with a 2-month lock and tokens will be distributed evenly over the remaining 10 months. Seed partners will have a 12-month vesting schedule starting from network launch, with a 3-month lock and tokens will be distributed evenly over the remaining 9 months.
  • PureStake Early Backers (14,000,000) : This token distribution is subject to a 24-month vesting schedule from the network launch, with a 7-month lock-up period. After this 7-month lock-up period, tokens will be distributed evenly over the remaining 17 months.
  • Founders and Early Employees (100M) : A portion of the tokens are allocated for the founders and employees of PureStake, the company behind the Moonbeam network. The distribution of these tokens is subject to a 4-year vesting schedule starting from the network launch. The vesting schedule includes a 1-year cliff, after which tokens will vest on a monthly basis over the remaining 3 years.
  • Future Employee Incentives (46,000,000) : A portion of the tokens are allocated for a future employee token incentive pool. Any future issues from this pool will be subject to a 4-year vesting schedule from the network launch or the grant date (whichever is later). The vesting schedule includes a 1-year cliff, after which tokens will vest on a monthly basis over the remaining 3 years.
Disclaimer:

Our content is intended to be used as information and education purposes only. It is very essential to do your own research and analysis before doing any investment decision or otherwise. Do Your Own Research.

This website or its third party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. By tapping on "I accept" you agree to the use of cookies.